Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Weekly Favorites 1/12

It's already been more than 10 days since the new year started. I've been busy working on my 100 things to do list and setting goals for this year. This year I've decided to give a go at Bullet Jounal. I'm going to write about it in a few weeks but in the meantime, here are my favorite reads for this past week:


Cats
A nice reminder for veteran cat parents, a concise useful infographic for new cat parents:
Keeping your cat happy indoors infographic 


Education
It's not particularly an eye-opening idea that lanugage and math are not the only areas where you can assess people's smartness but it's still a nice litte video to check out and think about what it means for someone to be "smart"
8 Intelligences: Are You a Jack of All Trades or a Master of One? 
We haven't tried this activity yet but looks fun

Mind
You know, we always hear a phrase "find ourselves" but this article states that it is not the right mindset. Rather you create yourself, which to me is an intriguing idea.  "If we attach ourselves to something, we are desiring for it to be stable, which directly goes against the forces of the universe." Hmmm
Neuroscience Learns What Buddhism Has Known for Ages: There Is No Constant Self 


I love this quote, as I myself am a bit of a worrisome person

Music
Don't know if true but it'd certainly be nice if these brain functions translate to everyday activities

Books

I also have two great children's books we've recently read. The highest mountain of books in the world by Rocio Bonilla is a perfect book for those who want to pass on their love of books to their child. The title itself is appealing to book lovers, don't you think?

Hooray for Today! , a sequel to the fun book Hooray for Hat! by Brian Won, is a yet again fun book to read. The story might look simple with a lot of repetition but perhaps that's a good thing for small children.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!


If you liked these stories don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitter, PinterestFlipboard to get notified as soon as I share them

No comments:

Post a Comment