For the month of March, the following were our goals:
- Do activities in my son's minority language for 10-15 minutes everyday on the weekdays
- Practice writing 2 letters a week
It's said, though, that it'll take 66 days to create a habit so our routines have not completely set at the time of this writing. But I have to say it's a lot easier now for him to sit down at his table and do activities together. Of course we have bad days like he's being too silly, tired, or just not in the mood but overall we're making a great progress in incorporating his minority language in our days.
- Keep working on our minority language activities for at least 10-15 minutes everyday on the weekdays
- Learn some word games in his minority language (called "siritori" しりとり)
- Learn to count with an appropriate classifier
- Practice writing 2-3 letters a week