Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Weekly Favorites 2/26


Hi everyone. Not a long list of articles this week but hope you'll find something interesting.

Productivity
I've recently come across a podcast called The One Thing, which is actually based on the book of the same name. I haven't had a chance to read the book yet, but this podcast is awesome. By teaching you how to focus on ONE THING, it helps you boost your productivity. I used to have a big problem with number one of the six myths (namely, "Everything matters equally") in this article  Do You Believe These 6 Productivity Myths? , but now I'm learning how to prioritize better. I feel like I've done more meaningful things lately than a few months ago and been heading to the right direction. I can't wait to read the book as well.


Language
I'm peronally not too interested in VR, but if VR helps learning a language in a more natural way, I can see a huge potential: Mondly’s VR language-learning app is the closest thing to actual immersion

Miscellaneous/Bilingualism
One of the issues many bi- or multi-cultural parents face would be what to name their children. Should we select a name that's more common in the community language? Or should we honor the minority culture side? Many of the people I know select each for first and middle names but there still remains a question which one you'd want to use everyday. Although this article After being James, Peter and William, I decided to stick with my Chinese name is not about multi-cultural families, I still found it interesting.

If you liked these stories don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitter, PinterestFlipboard to get notified as soon as I share them. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment